ab sofort, unbefristet
This role is responsible for the installation, upgrades, and support of semiconductor (MOCVD) equipment. The incumbent will also serve as a liaison between customer and all components of the company throughout the process. Upon customer acceptance of equipment, provides sustaining/maintenance support and service/repair/upgrades for equipment. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction while representing the interests of the company.
Location: Portland, Oregon (USA)
- Direct all activities associated with pre-installation, installation, and start-up of metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) equipment with minimal or no direction
- Act as a company liaison: provide customer-designated Interface with status reports, respond to requests for additional information, address customer concerns, advice customer of schedule changes, etc.
- Prepare equipment for process acceptance: testing, trouble-shooting, and debugging performance of equipment to a functional state according to contract specifications.
- Diagnose and repair 90% of all hardware and demonstrate knowledge of software failures on assigned equipment
- Provide accurate documentation of all system problems and actions taken before, during, and after installations
- Plans, supports, and executes together with customer scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of the MOCVD equipment. Performs repairs and upgrade of the MOCVD systems.
- Assists customer with spare parts planning
- Participate in providing 24-hour on-call support for installed base equipment problems when requested
- Prepare and submit all administrative requirements such as, performance data, time sheets, field service reports, travel expense reports, etc., in an accurate and timely manner
- Train less experienced employees and customer representatives on equipment Operation and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2-5 years of working experience on semiconductor equipment in any of the following areas: mechanical, electrical, electronics, electro-mechanical, process, pneumatics, or robotics.
- MOCVD or CVD equipment experience a plus.
- Must have a Technical Associates degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical pneumatics, fluids, vacuum systems, robotics, and electro-mechanical control system diagnostics procedures for company or similar equipment.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills is required.
- Must also have the ability to travel domestic and internationally at least 30% of the time if required.