as of now, permanent
How do we manage time and again to produce our state-of-the-art technologies on time, in high quality and within budget? By having exceptional specialists in our Production Engineering division. These technicians and engineers employ their skills, for example in electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or automation technology, exactly as needed in order to accompany product developments on their path from prototype in the laboratory to the test phase and all the way to the production plant. In a nutshell: This is where we design, plan and optimise in order to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
AIXTRON operates one of the largest production facilities for compound semiconductors in Europe. This is where our innovative systems and production processes, which ultimately set us apart from our competitors, are further developed.
The Order Centre is the core and pacemaker for our supply chain and the key factor for our success in specialist systems engineering.
The work in this department is characterised by close cross-functional interaction with colleagues from other specialist departments. In the context of our Industry 4.0 initiative, we will implement state-of-the-art planning procedures and a fully digital process chain as part of a PLM system within the next 1 to 2 years.
In this key role as an Order Centre Engineer, you will make an important contribution to implementing our external and internal customer projects. You will plan and coordinate our projects and in doing so, will control all activities of the specialist departments involved, e.g. Purchasing, Production and Systems Qualification.
The person holding this position will be responsible for transferring our highly professional production planning processes to our semiconductor laboratory and thereby increasing its productivity considerably. This opens up a great deal of freedom when it comes to structuring your independent work and the close cooperation with the heads of Production and Development and the Executive Board.
- In our Order Centre team, you are responsible not only for planning and coordinating customer and prototype projects, but in particular for supporting our internal laboratory projects, thereby providing essential support for our future process and product innovations.
- Your accurate project planning ensures a smooth transition between our production steps. You coordinate our operational customer and laboratory projects and keep them up to date. This ensures that all the activities necessary for completing the project on time are reliable and traceable.
- Be it material qualification, test material deliveries or demos for customers: you plan each step of the project such that its milestones are reached on schedule and we can produce and qualify our products effectively.
- As an organisational genius, you are aware of the importance of realistic deadlines and plan our resources, materials and means of production accordingly and always in coordination with your colleagues from the other specialist departments.
- Shifted deadlines, conversion work or disruptions in the production flow don’t faze you. You initiate suitable countermeasures promptly and ensure that your colleagues and our service providers can continue their work without interruptions.
- Stagnation is not an option for you. This is why you further develop our process instructions and our key figure system on an ongoing basis. As a result, your position is an important interface for all departments involved.
- You have a degree in the field of industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, production technology or a comparable field or have completed technical vocational training as a qualified technician.
- In addition, you have at least 3 years of professional experience in production planning and control in the field of special mechanical engineering and have already gained experience in project work and project management.
- You are a skilled organiser and have been trained on how to handle complex challenges.
- As a team player with a great willingness to learn and flexibility, you quickly settle into your new work environment.
- Your excellent communication skills allow you to explain complex matters to different addressees at different levels of the hierarchy.
- As an experienced production planner, you are a proficient user of SAP, in particular the PP, PS and MM modules.
- A good command of spoken and written English rounds off your profile.
- A challenging field of activity with great creative potential at an innovative, international and expanding technological leader
- Flat hierarchies and direct interdisciplinary cooperation across management levels
- Working in a state-of-the art work environment with the latest and most innovative methods from Industry 4.0 (e.g. PLM system) in an intercultural team with highly motivated colleagues
- Targeted personnel development through continuing specialist training and development of personal skills
- An open corporate culture with flexible working hours that allows a self-determined work/life balance
- Performance-based compensation and a wide range of employee benefits in the form of health and sports activities and employee events