Ab sofort, unbefristet
As part of a multi-disciplined team and a modern Engineering department, this role involves the development of the Company’s world leading products through leading-edge electrical, controls and software Engineering. The work will involve a mixture of design and hands on activities. The design activities include overall system architecture, electrical schematic creation, controls, software and safety system design. The practical activities will be primarily focussed on overseeing the implementation, test and validation of your designs into customer systems.
In this position you will be influencing and steering the full electrical, software and controls architecture of new products to ensure that are safe and meet the overall specification.
- Overall electrical, controls and software design for new systems.
- Design, implementation and testing of control software (PLC including IEC 611313-3, .net, C~, C++) for a variety of applications associated with deposition equipment and automation.
- Responsible for integration of 3rd party APIs for process control.
- Set up configuration and testing software on new development systems, with a focus on the integration, modularity, reliability and repeatability.
- Continued maintenance and development of existing control software products.
- Contribution to strengthening the Company’s IP position.
Your qualifications & requirements
- Engineering degree in an Electrical/Computer Science discipline or equivalent qualification/experience (minimum HNC + 5 years’ experience).
- Programming experience in .NET, C++, C#, Jscript, HTML, XML and COM+.
- Good knowledge of field-bus systems (DeviceNet, Ethercat and RS485 Modbus).
- Good working knowledge of PLC and Safety programming.
- Good working knowledge in the design of automation technology such as drives and pneumatic control.
- Experience in working with LabWindows.
- Sound knowledge of the integration of control software in systems.
- Knowledge of software test and qualification procedures.
- Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body encouraged and preferred.
- Working knowledge of Beckhoff PLC systems (desired)
- Working knowledge of E-plan (desired)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and machine safety regulations (desired)
- The individual will adopt the working practices of a modern engineering office and a company-wide quality system.
- Projects are conducted at both Group and local levels.
- Occasional travel is expected.
- Normally a day shift role, with some flexibility required.