ab sofort, unbefristet
The Field Service Manager will be responsible for the coordination of technical and administrative support activities for the Company’s customer base. This includes coordination of installation, repair, preventative maintenance, engineering upgrades, and sales support. The Field Service Manager will be responsible for driving technical issues to successful conclusion in the US MOCVD market by providing and organizing technical support to field service personnel. When not actively supporting field issues, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and supporting technical training, ensuring that the field service team is adequately prepared to support the installed base.
- Responsible for the success of the US Field Service Organization;
- Manages the field service group revenue stream and provides status reports and forecasts to the immediate manager on a timely basis;
- Develops/increases business of the field service support organization (service contracts and upgrades);
- Negotiates and generates quotes, pursuant to customer requests, for service support and service contracts;
- Meets with customers to address problems/issues and manages escalations accordingly;
- Provides guidance on technical issues to field service team;
- Interfaces with AIXTRON Headquarters (Germany) engineering for product improvements;
- Schedules service, upgrades, warranty, and installation customer visits of field service engineers and ensures customer requests are completed. Ensures success of tool installations;
- Serves as the primary interface between US Field Service Organization and Headquarters (Germany) on all field service issues;
- Selects, develops, coordinates training, and evaluates personnel to ensure efficiency and success of the department;
- Provides support of Spare Parts/Logistics group for parts identification and inventory management;
- Manages and maintains all reports on customer issues, tools status and quality, and escalation management as required by AIXTRON Headquarters (Germany);
- Approximately 25% travel within the US is required. International travel is also required, although on a less frequent basis.
- BS EET, BS ME, BS EE, or BS;
- 5+ years’ experience in semiconductor industry;
- Field Service and Customer Support management experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of the Company’s processes, equipment, vacuum systems and semiconductor manufacturing is preferred;
- Software skills: Extensive familiarity with standard MS software and Windows operating systems. Experience with SAP or similar systems is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and customer relations skills and knowledge;
- Ability to travel as required to effectively manage the installed base;
- Ability to lead a team to achieve creative and effective technical problem solving.