As of now , permanent
As part of a multi-disciplined team and a modern Engineering department, this role involves the continuous improvement of the company’s world leading products through leading-edge electrical and electronics systems design. The Electronics Software Engineer will be expected to implement effective solutions to ensure the company’s MOCVD systems remain at the forefront of technology.
- Electronic systems design of the Company’s bespoke special purpose scientific equipment and ancillary devices.
- Development, planning and specification of electronic systems, sub-systems and components.
- Covering fields of system analysis, monitoring, feedback and control technology.
- Assisting the R&D department in the development of new technologies from first principles
Primary Task List
- The generation of designs for purpose specific electronic components, sub-systems and assemblies
- The generation of detailed drawings suitable for manufacture
- Support R&D throughout conceptualisation, development, prototyping and troubleshooting of novel devices
- Programming device firmware for upgrading existing system applications and new product developments
Secondary Task List
- Prototyping and troubleshooting support to subcontractors
- Development of base algorithms for control and analysis of AIXTRON‘s ancillary tools
- Transfer of theoretical and operational knowledge of devices to the AIXTRON software department
- Engineering degree in a electrical/electronic discipline or equivalent qualification/experience (minimum HNC + experience)
- Good knowledge of simple programming packages (Visual Basic,/Visual Studio)
- Experience of further programming languages advantageous (C+/#, Jscript, HTML and derivatives)
- Practical knowledge of closed and active feedback control loop theory
- Experience of device firmware programming
- Strong pure and applied mathematical background preferred
- Experience of custom PCB design and optimisation
- Practically competent in system and device troubleshooting down to component level
- Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP)
- Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body encouraged and preferred
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active, assertive
- Good communication skills
- Conscientious, self motivated, capable of working autonomously when required
- Team player
- They will adopt the working practices of a modern engineering office and a company wide quality system.
- Projects are conducted at both Group and local levels so some travel is expected
- Normally a day shift role, with significant flexibility required